It’s interesting how a whole year can go by so fast and then just like that another year starts. At the beginning of the year like this, almost everyone seems to be trying their best to get used to the “new year”. Certainly at this period, some of us may still find ourselves making funny errors such as, noting 2016 instead of 2017 when we are required to indicate the current date. Well, it may take a while to fully adjust to the new year. Talking about making adjustments, we also have to make necessary adjustments in our lives as well to set the pace for a great year!
If you didn’t achieve so much at the end of last year, here’s a fresh opportunity to do better. 2017, for the most part is an unwritten story or an unpainted canvas in our individual lives, you are the author as well as the painter. You have the blank sheets and the writing materials right in your hands, you also have the paint brush and the canvas on which to colour the 2017 you so desire.
It will be immensely beneficial if you can intentionally set the right pace for the rest of the year. This should get you thinking, really thinking about all aspects of your life from family, academic, spiritual, social, emotional, career, health and so on.
Asides the plans and objectives you may have set to achieve this year, the pace you set towards achieving them is expedient in determining how well you meet your set objectives at the end of the year.
NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO START!
Once the pace is set, it will pave the way for the accomplishment of your goals. The following tips will be helpful;
- Resolve to live healthy this year: be mindful of your health by eating balanced diets, exercising regularly, staying hydrated always, going for routine checkups, resting well, sleeping well, relaxing as much as possible and please don’t leave out fun. Take charge of your health!
- Resolve to occupy your heart with positivity. Don’t give permanent residency to negativity in your heart. In fact, let there be no room to accommodate negativity.
- Give yourself another chance when needed and never let your “another chance” be exhaustible. Don’t give up on yourself!
- Give others “another chance” as well
- Be open to ideas and explore other options of doing things
- Be more committed in everything you do
- Avoid procrastination
- Have a daily to-do list and see to it that you follow through with it.
Before we get so caught up in the busyness of every day of this year, ensure you set a good pace for the rest of the year. Then will you be able to paint on that canvas of yours more appropriately and will be great year for you.
Happy New Year!
Remember to follow me on twitter @DrMorayoJimoh for more insights.