Ever heard of hormones?
They are everywhere in your body. The human body is comprised of a network of busy chemicals known as hormones channeled towards particular functions. Several kinds of hormones flows through your body and virtually all your emotions are as a result of the release or insufficiency of each of them.
The amazing fact that is unknown to many is that we are actually in control of the release or shortage of these hormones. This simply means that you can choose to make your brain release particular hormones when necessary. It’s refreshing also to know that the release of these hormones can be done naturally without necessarily spending money although you might spend some time!
A typical human body has about 50 different hormones carrying different instructions to target cells. However, we will only be focusing on the hormone that is also referred to as the “Love hormone”,“Cuddle hormone” or “Good-feeling hormone” sounds interesting right? It is scientifically called “Oxytocin”. Other very interesting hormones will be discussed in the forthcoming articles.
Now, let’s talk about the Oxytocin hormone, what it is, what it does in our body and how it can be released naturally.
Simply put, Oxytocin is the hormone that plays a very essential role in bonding. No wonder it is often called the love hormone. It is secreted by the brain in both males and females and released into the blood. It is the hormone responsible for the feeling of relaxation after sex, it is also found to be released in women during child birth and breast feeding (it helps new mothers bond lovingly with their new born) See why it is called the cuddle hormone?
Interestingly, the more Oxytocin is released, the more it is produced!
Some more amazing functions of Oxytocin include:
- It relieves stress
- It makes you feel happier
- Creates a sense of well being
- Establishes a greater sense of intimacy in couples
- Enables you empathize
- It encourages and strengthens positive social relationships
- Relieves pain
- Alleviates depression
- Eases off social anxiety and mood swings
This is how you can spike up your oxytocin levels naturally:
- Laugh more
- Physical touch such as hugs or a hand shake. More hugs a day will boost your Oxytocin levels!
- Give out something valuable: Oxytocin is released when you give out valuable items especially money.
- Be more generous
- Be kind to strangers
- Kiss your loved one passionately every day to increase your Oxytocin levels
- Pray and express gratitude
- Make yourself trustworthy and learn to trust people
- Practice mindfulness meditation
By taking hold of these natural methods, you literally train your brain to spike up your Oxytocin levels and enjoy its fantastic benefits!
Remember to follow me on twitter @DrMorayoJimoh