“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all.
Without creativity, there would be no progress and we
would be forever repeating the same patterns.”
-Edward de Bono
Creativity is the ability to produce something new through imaginative skills. Gaining these skills is necessary to promote a positive change in our lives (at home, school and at work).
The more creative you are, the more productive you are!
Importance of creativity
- Creativity stimulates innovations
- It increases an individual’s intellectual capital
- It brings about growth for individuals and organizations
- It improves intelligence
- It improves brain functions
- It boosts leadership and team work
- It allows better problem solving skills
- It promotes new ideas
Mindfulness as a tool to improve creativity
Mindfulness is a non-judgmental focused awareness of the present moment.
It allows us to be conscious of the emotions, feelings and sensations that occur within us momentarily. Being mindful is being creative. Mindfulness will help improve creativity in the following ways:
- Mindfulness enables us filter distractions and achieve focus which will promote creativity.
- There is more clarity when we are mindful. Therefore, the clearer our minds are, the easier it is for creative ideas to flow.
- Being an insight meditation, mindfulness allows us to look inwards and see things from a different perspective thereby bringing forth creative solutions.
- With mindfulness, we become aware of our passion, strength and weaknesses and focus attention on our interests.
- With mindfulness, we are able to make more conscious choices and decision about life
- We are able to control consciousness when we are mindful.
Remember to try something new today to spark up the light of your creativity!
For more information on mindfulness visit: http//www.mobilehealthconsult.org