Do you find yourself putting off what could have been done today to Tomorrow often?
Do you wonder why you have more uncompleted tasks than completed ones on your to-do-list?
Have you ever wondered why you never seem to get any work done on time?
Are there more delays on tasks you should be done with?
Procrastination is the habit of putting off important tasks to finish them later. It is a major factor that hinders productivity which many people struggle with every day. You just seem not to find the motivation to undertake a task, project or activity and this affects your effectiveness at home, school or work.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE PROCRASTINATE
- Poor Time Management Habits: Habits such as disorganization, habitual lateness, failing to keep to a to-do-list, not taking breaks and letting others steal your time are examples of poor time management habit that will certainly lead to procrastination.
- Stress: Whenever you are stressed it is hard to get any work done as you will seem to be under tension all the time and you will end up procrastinating very often.
- Fear: This could be the fear of failure whereby you struggle with the idea of being inadequate and not living up to the high standards you set for yourself, the fear of success whereby you tend to put as many roadblocks, problems and challenges ahead on your path because of your internal fear of the change that will be associated with possible success, the fear of judgment whereby you procrastinate because you worry about what other people might think of you, your behaviors, decisions or actions. This will all lead to procrastination.
- Perfectionism: when you struggle with perfectionism, you are never satisfied about anything you do. You may find yourself repeating the same activity or task many times over in an attempt to attain perfection and at the end, no work is actually done.
- Feelings of Inadequacy: You may feel inadequate when you find yourself incapable of dealing with the challenges, problems and obstacles that life throws your way. This may lead to procrastination.
- Lack of Focus: Procrastination occurs also because of a lack of focus and attention. This comes about when you focus on too many things at once, when there are a lot of distractions drawing your attention away, and when your goals and objectives haven’t been clearly defined.
- Lack of Confidence: You may tend to procrastinate because of a lack of confidence in yourself, your abilities, skills, knowledge, experience, or simply through a lack of confidence completing the task.
OVERCOMING PROCRASTINATION WITH MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
Delays can be a thing of the past with constant practice of Mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness meditation is the intentional, accepting and non-judgmental focus of one’s attention on the emotions, thoughts and sensations occurring in the present moment. Mindfulness meditation will help you overcome procrastination in the following ways:
- Practicing Mindfulness meditation will help you become more aware of your procrastinations and why you tend to procrastinate on some tasks, this is a huge step as being mindful is about observing yourself in a non-judgmental way. Therefore, as you become aware of the methods you use to avoid work, you will increase your desire to change into more productive methods to get the work done.
- Increased practice of Mindfulness will help you achieve focus and increase your attention to details thereby increasing your productivity.
- The practice of Mindfulness meditation is Relaxing thereby reducing stress and tension which are the major underlying factors of procrastination in the first place. The more the stress and tension you have, the more you will tend to procrastinate. Mindfulness reduces your stress levels, helping you break out of a procrastinating lifestyle.
- As a non-judgemental practice, mindfulness will eliminate the guilt accompanied with the result of procrastination and bring about acceptance of one’s ability and will to do more thereby being free from the habit of procrastination.
Elimination of things that can cause delays at work, school or home will create a more productive lifestyle and Mindfulness is the key to be more productive.
To understand more about Mindfulness meditation visit: http//www.mobilehealthconsult.org.
By reading this post, you are just right on time to be a part of our free Mindfulness training and you get a life time opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of Mindfulness, u can register right now!